Digitally Imported Named Top Ten Finalist for “Best Overall Online Radio Service” at RAIN Internet Radio Awards
Online Radio Pioneer Recognized for Excellence in User Experience and Human-curated Electronic Music Channels
Denver, Colorado — Sept, 11, 2014 - Digitally Imported, the premier online radio destination for electronic music fans around the world, today announced that it has been named as one of the top ten in the “Best Overall Online Radio Service” category of the Fifth Annual RAIN Internet Awards. In addition to being honored for excellence in overall listener experience, Digitally Imported was specifically recognized for its 100% human-curated music catalog. Unlike other online radio platforms, Digitally Imported enlists electronic music enthusiasts to curate its vast content catalog, ensuring authenticity, originality and depth for millions of monthly listeners. The Fifth Annual RAIN Internet Awards honor the leading Internet radio companies in five categories. The “Best Overall Online Radio Service” category honors the provider of the best overall online listener experience. Judging is based on a variety of factors including programming, technology, popularity of the service, attractiveness of the site and/or player, ease of use, operational sustainability, integration of advertising assets, and other criteria.
“Digitally Imported is committed to providing the best possible listening experience for electronic music fans,” said Ari Shohat, CEO of Digitally Imported. “Whether at events and festivals, at their desks, or anywhere in between, we want our users to explore, discover and enjoy all the nuances of this unique genre. It’s an honor to be recognized for bringing electronic music to wider audiences in innovative ways.”
Digitally Imported is a recognized pioneer in the online radio market. Founded in 1999 with a single channel, today the company offers 78 distinct electronic music channels. In addition to its uniquely focused channels, Digitally Imported also streams more original, exclusive and first-to-air mixed shows than any other online music platform. Digitally Imported has received numerous industry awards, including winning first place in the International Dance Music Awards for Best Online Radio, Best Global Radio and Best Music App.
About RAIN News and the Fifth Annual RAIN Internet Radio Awards
RAIN News is the preeminent source of information and commentary about the future of radio and the emergence of streaming audio. RAIN was created in 1999 by Kurt Hanson, founder of AccuRadio, a pioneering Internet radio platform. In the 14 years since its inception, RAIN has kept a forward-looking view, both documenting and predicting the future of radio and the evolution of listening. In addition to the daily RAIN Newsletter, RAIN also produces the annual RAIN Internet Radio Awards, which recognize the achievements and best practices of the Internet radio industry.
About Digitally Imported
Digitally Imported is the premier online radio destination for electronic music fans around the world. Founded in 1999 with a single channel, Digitally Imported today offers 78 specialized channels via the Web, mobile applications and third-party streaming partners. Through a vast catalog of 100% human-curated electronic music, Digitally Imported ensures a superior listening experience with authenticity, originality and depth. For more information, please visit www.di.fm.
Press Releases - View the latest press releases from Digitally Imported
- May 26, 2016 - Digitally Imported Unveils the Electronic Music Industry’s Only All-Inclusive Streaming Platform
- March 17, 2016 - Digitally Imported Broadcasts Live from Miami Music Week March 17-20, 2016
- March 1, 2016 - Digitally Imported Bumps Up Streaming Music Subscription Revenues through Push for Direct User Engagement
- December 16, 2015 - Rumblefish Streamlines Rights Management for Digitally Imported
- December 16, 2015 - Digitally Imported Rings in Winter Solstice with Three Days of Non-stop Chill December 18-20, 2015
- December 11, 2015 - Digitally Imported Electronic Music Radio Hosts 16th Anniversary Progressive Special December 11-14, 2015
- August 26, 2015 - Digitally Imported Selected as Exclusive Electronic Music Partner for TuneIn Premium Subscription Service
- June 16, 2015 - Digitally Imported Launches On-demand Content, Advancing its Vision of the Industry’s First Fully Integrated Electronic Music Platform
- Apr. 22, 2015 - Legendary DJ and Producer John Tejada Gives Rare Recorded Interview to DI Journeys, Airing on Digitally Imported April 24, 2015 at 4:00 PM Eastern
- Mar. 26, 2015 - Digitally Imported to Host Official Live Stream of ULTRA Music Festival 2015
- Feb. 27, 2015 - J.Phlip Headlines Upcoming Episode of DI Journeys on Digitally Imported Electronic Music Radio
- Jan. 30, 2015 - Digitally Imported Revamps User Experience and Launches Exclusive DJ Series on its Award-winning Electronic Music Radio Platform
- Nov. 24, 2014 - Digitally Imported Goes Live as First Electronic Music Service in T-Mobile’s Music Freedom Program
- Oct 16, 2014 - Digitally Imported Unveils Vision for First Electronic Music Platform to Fully Integrate Radio, On-demand and E-commerce
- Sep. 11, 2014 - Digitally Imported Named as Top Ten Finalist for “Best Overall Online Radio Service” at Fifth Annual RAIN Internet Radio Awards