Thank you for your interest in submitting new music to Digitally Imported. Please read the information on this page carefully before proceeding.
Digital Submission Process
- Email your submission request as outlined below. Please keep it brief and specific. Do not include any media.
- Channel directors will read your request to see whether it is a good fit for any of their channels.
- Channel directors may contact you by email with instructions for sending the actual media.
Due to the incredibly high volume of requests we receive, we regret that cannot respond to each one individually. You will only hear back from us if your submission request is considered a good fit by a channel director.
We realise that this process can cause questions and hurt feelings when you don't hear back from us. Until we are able to deploy a better submission system, please honour our channel directors by refraining from email spam with inquiries about the status of your request.
Submission requests are made to a mailing list that is sent to multiple channel directors. Please include all the information listed below or your request will not be processed.
Please send your submission request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include:
- Genre. This should correspond to a channel on the front page.
- Biography. A brief overview of your musical background.
- Description. Explain what you intend to submit. Include tracks names, or track listings for mixes.
Do not include any MP3s or other files. Remember, emails are only for submission requests, not the actual media.
Digitally Imported's music is managed by a dedicated team of talented channel directors who give their time to keep our music alive and our genres growing.
Channel director is a privileged title that will afford you great influence over a genre. We choose our directors carefully to ensure that we remain known for the high broadcast standards we have today.
You might be a great channel director if…
- You love Digitally Imported.
- You are an obsessive curator of music. (You must own at least 20 hours of high quality content.)
- You know your favorite genres well enough that your ears, not pop culture, can tell you what is good.
- You understand the fundamentals of digital media, encoding formats and audio enhancement techniques.
- You are more interested in the success of musicians than achieving fame by playing their music.
- You can communicate clearly in written English.
- You are willing to volunteer hours behind the scenes doing largely unglamorous work.
- You made it through this list!
We welcome any new channel concepts that you are passionate about. Please include all the information listed below or your request will not be processed.
Please contact Ari Shohat directly at email@example.com.
You must include:
- Genre. A title for the new channel.
- Biography. A brief overview of your musical passion!
- Description. Explain the range of music you intend to provide. Include names of popular artists.
Do not include any MP3s or other files.