Digitally Imported Revamps User Experience and Launches Exclusive DJ Series on its Award-winning Electronic Music Radio Platform
Armin van Buuren Headlines Live Global Launch of New “DI Journeys” Original Series on Digitally Imported Trance Channel January 31, 2015
Denver, CO — January 30, 2015 - Digitally Imported, the premier online radio destination for electronic music fans around the world, today announced that it has revamped the user interface on its award-winning online radio platform, including new listening features and the series kick-off of DI Journeys, an original Digitally Imported 2-hour program featuring exclusive artist interviews, handpicked tracks, and custom mixes from high profile and emerging DJs around the world. Renowned Dutch DJ and producer Armin van Buuren will host the first episode. Digitally Imported listeners can tune into the Trance channel on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST for the series’ live global début.
Improved User Experience Across the Digitally Imported Platform Digitally Imported is recognized as a leading innovator in the electronic music market. Building on its success in 100% human-curated streaming radio, Digitally Imported will further enhance user experience with a revamped user interface and the addition of the addition of several features highly anticipated by current listeners. These improvements move Digitally Imported closer to realizing its vision of offering electronic music fans the most complete online listening experience possible. Updates include:
* Revamped user interface: The new Digitally Imported user interface sets the stage for users to find and explore a wide array of content. Additions include a comprehensive snapshot of all current on-air content; a robust engine for highly targeted content recommendations; and an expanded view of recently played tracks. Detailed artist, show, and radio channel profiles are soon-to-come.
* Persistent audio player: In response to its listeners’ top feature upgrade request, Digitally Imported now offers uninterrupted audio playback through a persistent player, allowing listeners to enjoy music continually as they browse content and access tools throughout the platform. Built-in features also allow users to switch channels, view track information, vote, or comment directly from the web player.
* Redesigned calendar: Demonstrating continued commitment to superior user experience, Digitally Imported now offers a highly-visual program calendar with advanced sorting options, interactive tools, programming alerts, and notifications for exclusive shows.
“Through our commitment to delivering exceptional user experience, Digitally Imported is transforming the digital music value proposition,” said Ari Shohat, CEO of Digitally Imported. “We will continue to focus on offering even more original and exclusive content and sophisticated features, to create unique, high-value listening experiences.”
Unlike other online music services, Digitally Imported enlists electronic music enthusiasts to curate 100% of its vast content catalog – ensuring authenticity, originality and depth for millions of monthly listeners. In addition, Digitally Imported streams more original, exclusive and first-to-air mixed shows than any other online music platform, creating a unique listening opportunity that contributes to above-average user loyalty; among current Digitally Imported premium subscribers, 90% renew their monthly paid subscriptions and 95% tune in at least once a week.
Digitally Imported currently serves the electronic music community with nearly 80 distinct human-curated channels. Digitally Imported has received numerous industry awards, including winning first place in the International Dance Music Awards for Best Online Radio, Best Global Radio and Best Music App. The company was also named in the top ten for “Best Overall Online Radio Service” at the 2014 RAIN Internet Radio Awards.
About Digitally Imported Digitally Imported, the premier online radio destination for electronic music fans around the world, is the only electronic music platform to integrate streaming radio, on-demand features and e-commerce on a single platform. Through a vast catalog of 100% human-curated electronic music, Digitally Imported ensures a superior listening experience with authenticity, originality and depth. Founded in 1999, Digitally Imported brings a complete electronic music experience to millions of fans via the Web, mobile applications and third-party streaming partners. For more information, please visit www.di.fm.
Press Releases - View the latest press releases from Digitally Imported
- May 26, 2016 - Digitally Imported Unveils the Electronic Music Industry’s Only All-Inclusive Streaming Platform
- March 17, 2016 - Digitally Imported Broadcasts Live from Miami Music Week March 17-20, 2016
- March 1, 2016 - Digitally Imported Bumps Up Streaming Music Subscription Revenues through Push for Direct User Engagement
- December 16, 2015 - Rumblefish Streamlines Rights Management for Digitally Imported
- December 16, 2015 - Digitally Imported Rings in Winter Solstice with Three Days of Non-stop Chill December 18-20, 2015
- December 11, 2015 - Digitally Imported Electronic Music Radio Hosts 16th Anniversary Progressive Special December 11-14, 2015
- August 26, 2015 - Digitally Imported Selected as Exclusive Electronic Music Partner for TuneIn Premium Subscription Service
- June 16, 2015 - Digitally Imported Launches On-demand Content, Advancing its Vision of the Industry’s First Fully Integrated Electronic Music Platform
- Apr. 22, 2015 - Legendary DJ and Producer John Tejada Gives Rare Recorded Interview to DI Journeys, Airing on Digitally Imported April 24, 2015 at 4:00 PM Eastern
- Mar. 26, 2015 - Digitally Imported to Host Official Live Stream of ULTRA Music Festival 2015
- Feb. 27, 2015 - J.Phlip Headlines Upcoming Episode of DI Journeys on Digitally Imported Electronic Music Radio
- Jan. 30, 2015 - Digitally Imported Revamps User Experience and Launches Exclusive DJ Series on its Award-winning Electronic Music Radio Platform
- Nov. 24, 2014 - Digitally Imported Goes Live as First Electronic Music Service in T-Mobile’s Music Freedom Program
- Oct 16, 2014 - Digitally Imported Unveils Vision for First Electronic Music Platform to Fully Integrate Radio, On-demand and E-commerce
- Sep. 11, 2014 - Digitally Imported Named as Top Ten Finalist for “Best Overall Online Radio Service” at Fifth Annual RAIN Internet Radio Awards