Work with us!
Be part of a team that is passionate about music.
Help us deliver great electronic music to millions of listeners around the world.Learn more about the company
Opportunities @ DI.FM
Senior UI/UX Designer (Full Time, Telecommute)
The UI & UX Designer is responsible for delighting our users by shaping how music can be experienced across different devices in a given context. As a part of our small design team, they will work on refining each step of user interaction with our services from app store and onboarding, to user retention techniques. They will contribute to the improvement of user engagement, usability, LTV and other relevant metrics. Most importantly, the person who lands this position needs to LOVE working with people and LOVE music. The perfect candidate must be a clear, efficient, and friendly communicator who thrives in a collaborative, remote work environment.
Feeling excited and motivated? Then you’re exactly the type of candidate we’re looking for.
- Identifying user challenges and discussing them with the team and stakeholders.
- Gathering requirements from stakeholders and limitations from developers.
- Brainstorming and proposing design solutions (including the rationale, supporting data, benefits and trade-offs).
- Creating (presenting and discussing) wireframes, mockups, user flows, prototypes, high-fidelity comps etc. of user interfaces for various devices (desktop web, mobile web and apps, car systems etc).
- Making sure developers know how the end result is supposed to work and look.
- Writing and updating UX documentation.
- Reviewing how your designs were implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent design experience required.
- At least 3 years experience working with large-scale web sites, mobile products for various operating systems.
- A killer portfolio.
- Knowledge of the latest UI guidelines for various platforms.
- Know the tools of the trade (for creating design systems, mockups, prototypes, user flows, high-fidelity comps etc).
- Basic technical knowledge (enough to discuss potential solutions with developers).
- You can communicate clearly in written English.
- Knowledge of the music industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully, both orally and in writing, tailoring communication style to various audiences such as peers, stakeholders, and our listeners.
- Works well in a dynamic environment and can seamlessly switch between projects/tasks.
- Has a personal opinion and cares about good design and improving design processes.
- Has a good eye and (obsessive) attention to details.
- Is comfortable with giving and receiving open, constructive feedback.
- Can accept a less cool solution in the name of simplicity in terms of feasible development.
- Can design cool stuff when the situation permits.
- Wants to grow and learn new skills.
- Is well organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented, creative team player.
- Is passionate about music.
Volunteer Channel Curators (Part Time, Telecommute)
DI.FM's music is managed by a dedicated team of talented channel curators who give their time to keep electronic music alive and genres growing.
Channel Curator is a privileged title that will afford you great influence over a genre. We choose our Curators carefully to ensure that we remain known for the high broadcast standards we have today.
You might be a great Channel Curator if:
- You love DI.FM.
- You are an obsessive curator of music.
- You own at least 30-40 hours of high quality content (MP3, 320kbps recommended)
- You know your favorite genres well enough that your ears, not pop culture, can tell you what is good.
- You understand the fundamentals of digital media, encoding formats and audio enhancement techniques.
- You are more interested in the success of musicians than achieving fame by playing their music.
- You can communicate clearly in written English.
- You are willing to volunteer hours behind the scenes doing largely unglamorous work, and willing to commit for a long period of time.
If you are one of our ideal candidates, we would love to hear from you!Apply Now
DI.FM is the #1 online radio network for Electronic Music fans around the globe. We work hard to deliver only the best music to our listeners around the world around the clock; it's an obsession that has led us to curate over 80 channels covering every style electronic music, and we continue to add more. Everyone at DI.FM is entrenched in the electronic music culture. It's not just music, it's a lifestyle.
We are a dedicated group made up of talented and passionate people from around the world, literally. We pride ourselves on finding the best talent to help us succeed by creating the best products possible, and we do so with no boundaries. Our ideal candidates are dedicated, skilled and entrepreneurial; we love people who are driven, creative and know how to be accountable.
The Work Environment
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, but we're truly a global company that works with individuals around the world.