Work with us!
Be part of a team that is passionate about music.
Help us deliver great electronic music to millions of listeners around the world.Learn more about the company
Opportunities @ DI.FM
Senior Rails Back End Developer (Full Time, Telecommute)
This role is not open to recruiters
DI.FM is looking for a Senior Rails Backend Developer for a full-time position in the Product Development group.
We're looking for a skilled backend engineer with 5+ years of experience building services and API's using Ruby/Rails. The ideal candidate will be able to manage their own time and regularly produce quality code.
- Plan, execute and communicate your work on one of several applications within the Digitally Imported portfolio or on the platform that drives them all.
- Participate actively in the entire dev process, from ideation to testing and release; we're a small group and we need people who can contribute in a variety of ways.
- Demonstrate your work regularly to the rest of the team and the rest of the company.
- Experience working in large environments with a team of multiple developers, stakeholders and departments.
- Advanced/Senior level Ruby on Rails experience.
- Experience working with a version control system.
- Proficiency in MySQL.
- Knowing your way around a linux server (a bash prompt is your close friend).
- Knows HTTP inside and out, explicitly.
- Passion for music.
- Communicate clearly in written English.
- Experience with Agile development process.
- History working with Golang.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment.
- Self-driven, organized and motivated to deliver results.
How To Apply
We did not make it obvious on purpose. As the first step in the interview process, please use your HEAD to figure it out. :)
Volunteer Channel Curators (Part Time, Telecommute)
DI.FM's music is managed by a dedicated team of talented channel curators who give their time to keep electronic music alive and genres growing.
Channel Curator is a privileged title that will afford you great influence over a genre. We choose our Curators carefully to ensure that we remain known for the high broadcast standards we have today.
You might be a great Channel Curator if:
- You love DI.FM.
- You are an obsessive curator of music.
- You own at least 30-40 hours of high quality content (MP3, 320kbps recommended)
- You know your favorite genres well enough that your ears, not pop culture, can tell you what is good.
- You understand the fundamentals of digital media, encoding formats and audio enhancement techniques.
- You are more interested in the success of musicians than achieving fame by playing their music.
- You can communicate clearly in written English.
- You are willing to volunteer hours behind the scenes doing largely unglamorous work, and willing to commit for a long period of time.
If you are one of our ideal candidates, we would love to hear from you!Apply Now
DI.FM is the #1 online radio network for Electronic Music fans around the globe. We work hard to deliver only the best music to our listeners around the world around the clock; it's an obsession that has led us to curate over 80 channels covering every style electronic music, and we continue to add more. Everyone at DI.FM is entrenched in the electronic music culture. It's not just music, it's a lifestyle.
We are a dedicated group made up of talented and passionate people from around the world, literally. We pride ourselves on finding the best talent to help us succeed by creating the best products possible, and we do so with no boundaries. Our ideal candidates are dedicated, skilled and entrepreneurial; we love people who are driven, creative and know how to be accountable.
The Work Environment
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, but we're truly a global company that works with individuals around the world.