About Digitally Imported
Digitally Imported is the #1 online radio network for Electronic Dance Music fans around the globe. We work hard to deliver only the best electronic music to our listeners around the world around the clock; it's an obsession. Everyone at DI is entrenched in the EDM culture. It's not just music, it's a lifestyle.
We are a dedicated group made up of talented and passionate people from around the world, literally. We pride ourselves on finding the best talent to help us succeed by creating the best products possible, and we do so with no boundaries. Our ideal candidates are dedicated, skilled and entrepreneurial; we love people who are driven, creative and know how to be accountable.
The Work Environment
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado in the beautiful Taxi district, but we're truly a global company that works with individuals around the world.
Quality Assurance Developer :: Full Time (Telecommute)
February, 2013 - Digitally Imported, Inc.
Telecommute (work from home) or from our Denver, Colorado office.
Digitally Imported is seeking a Quality Assurance Developer for a full-time position in the Product Development group. This is a permanent position with a thriving music company... Also, you get to work from home. We need a well-rounded QA dev with at least 5 years experience; someone who has defined and improved upon quality processes and who is capable of implementing test tools or procedures that involve coding. The ideal candidate will be able to manage their own time (read: working from home isn’t for everyone).
- Define and implement a QA process that complements our Kanban development process.
- Define a QA strategy that might incorporate feature-oriented testing, integration and regression testing, automated testing, unit or fixture testing, load and performance testing where appropriate... We need someone who knows what tools are at their disposal and how to use them effectively.
- After getting settled and wrapping your head around the business, suggest adjustments to other processes within the company where quality practices might be lacking.
- Plan, execute and communicate your work on one of several applications within the DI portfolio or on the shared HTTP API (RoR) that drives them all.
- Be accountable and manage your own time; we don’t watch the clock, we just want kick-ass work.
- Participate actively in the entire dev process, from ideation to testing and release; we’re a small group and we need people who can contribute in a variety of ways.
- Demonstrate your work regularly to the rest of the team and the rest of the company.
- Engineering background and/or ability to write code
- Exhaustive knowledge of QA tools and practices
- Experience with a high-traffic consumer website
- Experience with eCommerce applications
- Experience with content management tools and/or administrative back-ends
- A passion for music (some kind, any kind)
- Advanced knowledge of our stack
- Git/Github for source control
- Knowing your way around a linux server
- Experience with Agile development process
Salary is determined based on your qualifications and your location -- we pay market rates for your area, not for ours. If you are one of our ideal candidates, let’s talk about how to make this the perfect job for you.Apply Now ↑ TOP
Systems Administrator (Linux/Windows) :: Full Time (Telecommute/NYC)
April, 2013 - Digitally Imported, Inc.
Telecommute (work from home) from the greater NYC area; our datacenter is in Manhattan and you will be required to be on-site for emergencies and scheduled maintenance.
Digitally Imported is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator for a full-time position in the Technology group. This is a permanent position with a thriving music company... Also, you get to work from home (for the most part). We’re looking for a self-motivated linux guru to secure and maintain our existing infrastructure as well as design and architect for future scale and growth. The ideal candidate will be able to manage their own time (read: working from home isn’t for everyone).
- System Administration of a mix of Linux and Windows servers (physical and VM). We have over a dozen Ubuntu/Debian servers and over 20 Microsoft Windows Servers (2003/2012)
- On-call as needed, 24x7 support
- Proactive monitoring of system health
- Work directly with Engineering Team for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerant/HA infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and resolution of server/network issues
- Disaster recovery design, implementation, and maintenance
- Exploring new technologies and software to improve efficiency and maximize performance
- Be accountable and manage your own time; we don’t watch the clock, we just want kick-ass work
- Demonstrate your work regularly to the rest of the team and the rest of the company
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Advanced knowledge of Windows system administration
- System Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef)
- Pro scripting skills (bash, sed, awk, go, py, ruby)
- Security and infrastructure best practices
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Basic networking knowledge: switching, ip routing, vlan
- BS degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- A passion for music (some kind, any kind)
- Cisco/IOS administration
- MySQL tuning and administration (Percona XtraDB, HA Clustering)
- PCI Compliance
- Reverse Proxy/Load Balancing (Varnish)
- Microsoft Exchange/DNS administration
- Experience with Rails/Passenger
Salary is determined based on your qualifications; if you are one of our ideal candidates let’s talk about how to make this the perfect job for you.Apply Now ↑ TOP